Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rehab of Knee (Are we done yet?)

Good morning everyone!

I had my last rehabilitation session yesterday. I say last, because there really isn't much more they can do besides showing me the exercises for knee flexibility and strengthening. I guess I could keep going, but it seems like I am taking the rehab folks away from people who are worse off than me. It's not like I can't walk. I just have issues when I run!

I did run a mile a few days ago to see how it felt. Had some pain, so I stopped. I am going to try again today and see if I can go farther than a mile. Hopefully, over time I can build my lengths up to 13 miles or so. If I do, then I will likely enter the Lone Star Half Ironman as my 2009 Inaugural Triathlon.

So while my gimpy knee is holding me back, the training plan is to work on my swimming and biking. These don't hurt the knee.

Until next time, train safe, smart and most importantly have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment