Sunday, February 8, 2009

I am Back!

Well I had my first real test of my knee today. I ran 10K (6.2 miles) at race pace. And guess what? My knee was great! Tomorrow I am going to sign up for the Lone Star Triathlon for sure.

I love treadmill running. I turn up the ipod and rock out. It's weird how music can really get your adrenaline flowing. When I do speed work on the treadmill, I keep the boredom away by constantly increasing my speed. I'll start out at 6 MPH and then up it .1 MPH ever .05 miles. So by .25 miles I am at 6.5 MPH and by .5 miles I am at 7 MPH, etc.

I keep increasing it till between 9 and 10 MPH. That's a darn good clip. Then I back down to 6 MPH and start climbing again, but this time at .2 MPH increments ever .1 miles. When I get to 30 minutes I go back to my .1 steps every .5 miles. It really isn't all that complicated and it makes the workout interesting. I usually don't do more than an hours worth of speedwork for 1/2 Ironman distance races.

Tri Your Best!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment