Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tomorrow is GO TIME!

Hello Dear Readers! Just a quick update before I start shutting down and attempting to go to bed early.

Race Preparations

Well tomorrow is go time. That's right, first race of the year. It's been a busy last few days. Had to drive down to Galveston yesterday to get my race packet. Today I had to go again to put my bike in the transition area. I plan on getting up at 4 AM tomorrow to get to the race site by 5 AM.

Pre-Race Dinner

I took my wife to Denny's tonight for my ritual pre-race meal. French toast, eggs, wheat toast, English muffin, ham, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and orange juice!

Race Goals

My goal this year is quite simple: Go Faster Than Last Year!

I think where I might see the most improvement is the run. I definitely feel that I can go faster. Of course, if I am not consistent on the bike and swim compared to last year, it might balance out to the same time. But if I can do the swim in less than 40 minutes, the bike in less than 3 hours and the run in under two hours, I should be able to beat my time previously.

I will post my performance after I have recovered from the race. That's all for now!

Tri your best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment