Saturday, February 7, 2009

Recovery is Coming Along Nicely

Hey everyone. Just wanted to blog a little bit about my recovery. It is going really well! I swam 1.5 miles yesterday and today I bilked 20 miles and then hit the weights. Knee is feeling really good! I did a tempo run on Thursday at race speed and held on with no pain for 4 miles.

Tomorrow I am going to run 10 KM and see how it feels. I am being VERY conservative with my mileage so as not to overstress.

If the run goes well tomorrow I will enter the Lone Star Triathlon which is held in April. It's a 1/2 Ironman distance event. http://www.endorfunsports.com/lonestar/lonestarhalfiron.html

My new bike works really well. Of course, my wireless computer threw its magnet off the wheel during the ride. I thought I heard something weird and saw what I thought was a rock come off my wheel. Then I noticed my speed registered as zero.

Anyway, when I got home, I called the folks at Webster Bicycle and they gave me another magnet free of charge. They are too cool!

Bye for now and don't forget to Tri Your Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment