Thursday, February 19, 2009

We are in Full Training Swing!

Good day Amigos!

It's been a really busy week, but I have been keeping up with my training. I have logged the following workouts in my Training Peaks (TM) diary:

Sunday
Ran for 90 minutes (11 Miles)

Monday

Off

Tuesday

Swam for 45 minutes (went about 1.5 miles)

Wednesday

Biked for 25 miles

Thursday

Did swimming drills 5 x 200, 10 seconds rest in between (1000 meters worth) and then did a main set of 600 meters) followed immediately by a 7.5 mile run.

The following workouts will round out the rest of the week:

Friday
Off or Weights

Saturday

Ride 65 miles.

I may move the long ride to Sunday due to weather and do a long run on Saturday instead. Playing it by ear.

One thing I would like to note is that my swimming stroke is improving a lot. I am really working on swimming at least three times a week and it is starting to pay off. Today's workout was so effortless and I felt like I was really balancing well in the water.

Running is coming along really well considering my knee issues. No pain and I feel my strength and endurance coming back.

That's all for now.

Tri Your Best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment