Friday, December 19, 2008

Sunmart Race Taper Here I Come!

Well, just a week to go and I will be in Huntsville, Texas running the 50 mile Sunmart ultramarathon. This is a great race because it is off road and the scenery is wonderful! You basically do a 12.5 mile loop 4 times. The course goes around a lake and it is well attended and managed. I began my taper earlier in the week and its going pretty well. For those of you not familiar with racing terminology a taper is the process of reducing the mileage of your training in preparation for a race. This way your body is fully rested and ready to go. Different people taper differently. I do a long taper (2 weeks) and that seems to work well for me. Ran 10 miles yesterday at race pace (which is actually pretty slow compared to pros).

No comments:

Post a Comment