Saturday, December 20, 2008

Training Status for December 20, 2008

Today was a great day for training. It was about 80 degrees (even on December 20th!). I did a 13 mile run today and felt pretty good. Only have a few more weeks till the 100K Bandera Ultra and I am just in maintenance mode right now. I'll probably run 20 miles next weekend and do some mixed training this week (swim, bike, weights, etc.). This gives my legs a rest while still keeping my heart strong and my triathlon muscles in shape. Since I switched to a blogging system that makes it easy to upload pictures, etc. I thought I would share with you my GPS and heart rate data. I wear a Garmin Forerunner watch and it is a great tool to monitor your progress. Here is the graphical data of my run from today (click image to enlarge):


The red line is my heart rate. The blue line is my speed and the green line is my elevation.

Now here is a picture of my run from the satellite perspective. The blue line is the road I ran on as tracked by GPS. I did this loop twice (click image to enlarge):


I also wore my Camelback hydration pack during this run to get used to the feel of it. Since there are not water stops every mile, I plan on sipping from this pack as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment