Friday, December 19, 2008

You are going to do what? And some pics from Sunmart are posted.

Hi everyone. Well being the glutton of punishment, I have entered myself into an even longer ultra marathon. The Bandera 100 km race. It is one of the most challenging ultra races in the country. Did I mention it is the longest running race I have ever done? 100 KM = 62 miles! You can read more about this race at: http://www.tejastrails.com/Bandera.html

A new ultra friend of mine (hi Ryan!) told me to look at it this way; you just did a 50 mile race. Consider it training for the 100 KM race and you can just do some tapering until race time. It's good advice. Friday I ran 5 KM at my usual lazy pace. On Sunday I will run 10 miles or so. Already feel my running legs coming back so I feel pretty good about this one. I retired my running shoes and got some new trainers this week and I will likely get some trail racing shows for the race in January. The Bandera race is more hilly than the Hunstville ultra, so I need the right kind of shoes so that I don't fall as much (oh I will fall, you can count on it Tongue out).

Also I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I posted some pictures (see them in the gallery) from the Sunmart 50 mile ultra race I did on December 6th. These were taken with an iPhone during the race itself. Nice pics Ryan!. Wink The last picture is me, Ryan and Miles. These guys are the ones to blame for my demise at Bandera.

No comments:

Post a Comment