Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bandera Training and Another Race Added to My Calander!

Hello Dear Readers!


Bandera 100KM Race Training

Wow I had a really long weekend. On Sunday I ran 26 miles at ultra racing pace. This translates to AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE. Not quite running, but not walking either. I uploaded my stats to my Garmin training page (shows you map and lap splits, etc.):

Garmin Connect

Here is the overview:

Distance: 26 Miles
Time: 05:09:14
Calories Burned: 2,747
Average Pace Per Mile: 11:53
Elevation Gain: 2,694 ft
Elevation Loss: 2,748 ft
Min Elevation: -28 ft
Max Elevation: 99 ft
Avg HR: 135 bpm
Max HR: 162 bpm

Race News

I am officially registered for the Ironman Lonestar 70.3 race to be held on April 25th, 2010 in Galveston Texas. Information about the race can be found here.

Otherwise, training is going pretty well. Knees are holding up pretty well. I am completely not worried about speed at this point since my goal is just to complete the distance within the allotted time.

I'll keep you all posted as the Bandera race gets closer. Until then....

Tri your best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment