Monday, March 1, 2010

2010 Triathlon Season Training is Now in Full Swing!

Hello Dear Readers!

I hope every one's training is going well. I had to go on business travel for two weeks in the UK and my training definitely suffered. While I did bring enough clothes and gear to get my training in, I had so many things going against me on this trip. Bad weather, hotels that did not have gyms. Not staying in one city for more than a day so by the time I would get to the hotel it would be late and I would have no motivation. I did however have a few good workouts the first weekend I was there. The Brits have some good gyms available. Virgin Active was my favorite. Mr. Branson sure knows how to treat his customers! One way of viewing the situation is that I got myself plenty of rest, so when I did finally get back the states my "fire" was burning hot and I couldn't wait to get right back at it.

I had some great training sessions this weekend:


Saturday's 10 Mile Long Run

Here is the link to my Garmin data for Saturday's run:

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/25661716

Took it easy so that I would have plenty of energy for Sunday's long bike and run session.

Sunday's 60 Mile Bike with a 3 Mile Transition Run

This was the highlight of my week. Even though there were 20 MPH winds on the roads, I still averaged 19.1 miles per hour. I immediately transitioned to a 3 mile run and this also went really well. I ran the last mile in 7:22! For me that is phenomenal!

Here is the link to Sunday's bike session:

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/25791223

And the 3 mile transition run right afterword:

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/25791238


Now that I am back into the swing of things, I will attempt to post more often. Of course, if anyone has questions please feel free to contact me and I will do my best! That's all for now.

Tri your best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment