Sunday, March 21, 2010

Training for the Week of March 21st

Hello Dear Readers!

Spring is finally here! Now we get longer days which translates to less excuses to do my workouts! No more, I can't go out now, work got in the way and it is getting dark soon. The last week has been wonderful weather, that is until yesterday. Storms came in with 20 mph winds and temperatures dropping into the 40s. Today is slightly better. Sun is out, but the wind is even worse (30 mph gusts) and the temperature got down to 38 last night! Let's hope this is the last really cold batch of weather we get until the fall.

American Liver Foundation

I have started building some contacts with the American Liver Foundation (http://www.liverfoundation.org/) to see if I can get a donation program started to help those who also suffer from Liver Disease. I got a voicemail on Thursday from their local Houston office and hopefully we will start our conversation this week. I'll keep you all posted as to how this goes.

Training

I had a great training week! Had a time trial on Thursday and had my fastest 2 mile split ever! More on this later (See Thursday section below). Here is the breakdown of my training:

Monday

Swim day this day. I did the following swim workout:

Warm Up: 12 x 50 as: alternating drill/kick on 15 sec. rest
Main Set: 2 x (300 free Zone 4, 4 x 50 back on 20 sec. rest, 250 pull Zone 3)
Cool Down: 16 x 25 choice Zone 1-2 on 5 sec rest

These are the swim zones we figured out from my 1000 meter time trial a few weeks ago:

02:28 Zone 1
02:19 Zone 2
02:10 Zone 3
02:01 Zone 4
01:52 Zone 5a
01:43 Zone 5b

All Zones are +/- 2 seconds and the times are per 100 meters.

Tuesday

This was a bike trainer day.

10 MIN WARM UP
6 min. at high Hr #3 / 3 min easy
8 min. at Hr #3-4 / 3 min easy
6 min. at Hr #4 / 3 min easy
8 min. at Hr #4 / 3 min easy
10 min. cool down

Wednesday

Run AM
4 miles
10:10-10:20 pace

Bike PM
30 miles
Zone 2****
@ 90-95 cad

Thursday

Time Trial Day!

Run at the local high school track 6 miles as:

2 mile very easy
2 miles TT 100%
2 mile very easy

Are you ready for this? I did my two mile 100% effort time trial in 13 minutes and 42 seconds! I finally broke through the 14 minute barrier!

Friday

I took the day off today. My legs were fried from the time trial.

Saturday

Bad weather came in so I did a 16 mile run at the gym on the treadmill.

Sunday

Today I am supposed to do a 80 mile ride. But it is cold and very windy and I just am not feeling it! Instead I went to the gym and rode the bike there and did some weights.

Well there you have it folks! Remember to always do something everyday even if it's not too much! That's all for now.

Tri your best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment