Friday, January 9, 2009

Bandara 100KM Race Tomorrow!

Hey yall! Well I finally made it out here to San Antonio (about an hour outside Bandera) and have my gear all set up. Here is a picture of the race gear:

Among the items shown here:

1. Race Belt
2. Four Race Bottles
3. Shoes
4. 2 Pairs of socks
5. Racing Shorts
6. Racing Shirt
7. Enduralytes
8. Perpetuem
9. GU (Strawberry Bannana is my favorite!)
10. Hip Light (It is going to be night by the time I'm finished)
11. Rain Coat
12. Cliff Bars
13. Advil
14. Sunscreen
15. Body Glide (To let those sensitive parts not get chaffed)
16. Knee Braces
17. Hat
18. Sunglasses
19. Heart Monitor
20. GPS Watch (Garmin is awesome!)
21. Viverine
22. Blister Kit
23. Camelback Water Bladder

So I think I am all set. I had my traditional Pre Race gorgeathon (sp?). Went to IHOP and had:

1. Rooty Tooty (Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage).
2. Biscuits and Gray
3. Wheat Toast
4. Eggs Benedict
5. Coffee
6. Orange Juice

In the AM I will have some muscle milk and coffee and gatorade.

Wish me luck and I will post a race report Sunday or Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I would have thought you would have had a 'Grand Slam' as well-
    Good luck with the run!
    El Hefe

    ReplyDelete