Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stroke Analysis and Training

Boy oh boy was this week busy. Not much time to do a lot of blogging. But suffice to say, this weeks training was great. Sort of a recovery week, not many two a day workouts. As some of you may know, I have been working with a swim coach (Hershel is a awesome coach!), and this week we did video analysis of my swim stroke. Here are some clips below. This video was done in an endless pool and there are two views, one from the top and one from underwater. An endless pool is like a treadmill for swimming. You swim in place against a current. When you see me stop, its because Hershel is yelling at me for doing something wrong and so I look at what I did and then go at it again to correct it. I definitely feel like I am improving my efficiency. I swam 1.5 miles on Friday and it definitely seemed to feel better.

Note that I am trying to keep my elbows high and pulling all the way through the stroke. Unfortunately, I would get all discombobulated and the stroke would break down, but I swear I have some good pulls in there.



Today was my longest workout this week, rode 61 miles with a great wattage average (about 250 watts).

What is wattage you say? Well, think of it this way, the harder you pedal, the more power that is produced. This is measured in watts. So the higher the wattage you generate, the more power you are placing on the pedals and the longer you can sustain a higher level of wattage, the faster you will go!

Tomorrow I will run 13 miles. Can't believe the race is just a few weekends away!

No comments:

Post a Comment