Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lake Placid Ironman Training and Other Updates

Hi Everyone,

Training

Phew! It's been a busy week (thanks Kevin!). Lots of training with few days off. I've been adjust well to my new coaches training plan. Even though there are many days where I work out more than once, I can really feel the benefits. Sunday I did a 70 mile ride and immediately followed that with a three mile transition run.

I am really working on my racing nutrition plan and figuring out what works best for me. this Saturday I am attending a seminar for race nutrition and hope to learn quite a bit from there.

Fundraising

Fundraising for the CCFA has been going really slow (damn you economy!). I had a few meetings with some Gastroenterologists and they went pretty well. Hopefully they will get on the bandwagon.

Bike Equipment

Oh my aching butt! I bought a nice adamo saddle a while back. I got caught up in the whole "this is what professional triathletes use" marketing. Unfortunately, the seat hit all my pressure points and made it really painful to ride for long periods. So the bike is in the shop now for maintenance and seat replacement. Going back to the gel seat I had on my old bike.

Question for My Readers

How would everyone like to see my daily workout results? I am thinking about doing daily logs of my workouts which would include heart rate, speed and gps information. Any interest?

That's all for now.

Tri your best,

Bill

1 comment:

  1. MaryAnne FitzpatrickApril 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    I am interested in the daily workout results:)
    I hope the fundraising efforts improve. I know your biography states this, but the cause is unknown for ulcerative colitis and the etiology of primary sclerosing cholangitis is unknown. Increased awareness would be helpful to fund research.

    ReplyDelete