Monday, April 27, 2009

Workouts from 4/26 and 4/27

Hi Everyone,

Last week continued to be an intensive training week. I was pretty wiped from yesterdays workout and didn't have time to blog. But here are the details:

Sunday's Workout

Rode 90 miles in Heart rate zone 2- low 3. That means I kept my heart rate between 130 and 140 the whole time. There was more wind than usual and this made the ride especially hard. I saw on the weather channel that there were 30 MPH gusts. No wonder I felt like I wasn't moving! I averaged 18.75 mph according to the bike computer. Not too bad considering the wind.

When I got home from the bike ride I immediately headed out on a 3 mile run. This is to train my body to be prepared for the transition from biking to running. I ran it at a 10 minute per mile pace so it was pretty easy and I think I actually ended up averaging a slightly faster pace than that according to the gps.

Today's Workout

Today I swam 2500 meters. Had a 500 meter warm up then did 5 sets of 300 meters at a hard pace with 30 seconds rest in between. I cooled down with 50 meters kick drill followed by 400 meters with the pull buoy and then another 50 meter kick drill.

This week I actually get a day off on Friday! Of course I have some intense workouts coming up, so hopefully I can force myself to get to bed at decent hours in the evenings.

That's all for now!

Tri your best,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment