Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VO2 Official Results and Heart Rate Zones

Hi Everyone,

Well my recovery from the Lonestar Triathlon has gone very well. Went right back into the thick of things and the mileage is already increasing in preparation for the Ironman Lake Placid race. In a previous blog entry I wrote about my VO2 test. Here are those results:

Peak VO2 = 59.6
Calories per hour @ Peak = 1460
Aerobic Threshold = 112bpm
VO2 @ Aerobic Threshold = 32.7
Calories per hour @AeT = 802

I can use this data to plan my racing caloric intake and keep my heart rate in the proper zones so that I do not burn out by the time I get to the Marathon portion of the race. Note that my Peak VO2 is 59.6. This is considered a very good number for someone my age.

Now that we have this data, my heart rate zones are as follows:

Lactate Threshold Heart Rate: 158

Zone 1: Recovery 0 * - 126
Zone 2: Aerobic 127 * - 140
Zone 3: Tempo 141 * - 146
Zone 4: SubThreshold 147 * - 157
Zone 5A: SuperThreshold 158 * - 160
Zone 5B: Aerobic Capacity 161 * - 166
Zone 5C: Anaerobic Capacity 167 * - and over

These zones will be used in my training to keep me at the right intensity levels for the current task at hand (endurance building, power training, etc.).

That's all for now.

Tri your best,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment