Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Training on 4/28

Hello readers!

Training

Tuesday was a great day for training. I did a bike trainer run combination session. Spent one hour with the trainer doing the assigned drills at a high cadence and heart rate. Kevin (my coach) keeps my sessions very interesting and tough. As soon as I finished the ride, I immediately did a 4 mile run at a slightly faster pace than I was supposed to. I love these workouts because they are not too long but still intense. I always feel great afterwords.

CCFA

I had a conversation today with a woman who is also a member of the local triathlon club. Her son suffers from Crohn's disease. This is the same disease as Ulcerative Colitis, but rather than affecting the lower intestine (like me), it affects the small intestine.

I gave her some encouragement and ideas of what made me have flare ups of the condition and how I handled them. I also gave her the number of my Gastroenterologist. Her son is at college now, but when he gets home, I plan on having a talk with him to make sure he knows that he is not alone in his misery.

That's the bad thing about this disease. No one really wants to talk about their "tummy issues" and as a result you feel isolated. If you have someone you can talk to, it helps a lot.

Well, that's it for now.

Tri your best,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment