Thursday, May 14, 2009

Training Updates for 5/12 - 5/13

Hello Dear Readers!

Brick Training on 5/12

Did some great training on this day. First we started with a bike session on my indoor trainer. This training was done as:

10 MIN WARM UP
4 x 30 sec. SLD on 1 min.
3 X (6 MIN. AT Zone4 w/88+cad, 3min Zone 5a+, 4 min easy recovery)
10 MIN COOL DOWN

Once this was done, I immediately went on a 4 mile run. This took me 37 minutes to perform at a 9:26 per mile pace. I felt pretty strong. Average heart rate was 141 beats per minute.

Bike and Swim Training on 5/13

I had two workouts to do at different times this day. First I did a swim session. It was for 1500 meters (about a mile). This was a stroke choice workout, meaning I can use whatever stroke I want. I chose the pull buoy and did two sets of 750 meters each. Completed it in 28 minutes. Not too bad!

The bike training session was done outside. Had to go 30 miles keeping my cadence between 88 and 95 and heart rate in zone 2. The stats for the ride were:

Distance: 30 Miles
Average Speed: 20.1 MPH
Max Speed: 30.3 MPH
Average Heart Rate: 124 BPM
Max Heart Rate: 142 BPM

I will post another entry from today's run workout once I have it completed.

Tri your best!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment