Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Workouts for 4/2 through 4/5

Hey Dear Readers,

It's been a busy last few days. My laptop crashed on me and I spent the last few days backing up data and restoring it to a new hard drive. Yes, I am one of the technical nerds who knows how to do this stuff. But in between my tasks, I did some great training.

Saturday 4/2

I ran 14 miles in the morning at a nice slow endurance threshold pace. In the afternoon I then did a 2500 meter swim. This swim was a lot of fun because it had a mixture of sets and distances.

Warm Up: 12 x 50 as: alternating drill/kick on 15 sec. rest
Main Set: 2 x (300 free easy, 4 x 50 back on 20 sec. rest) 200 pull easy
Cool Down: 16 x 25 choice easy on 5 sec rest

Sunday 4/3

This was a easy 60 mile ride day. It's sad when 60 miles is considered easy. Kept my heart rate in low zone 3. I also experimented with my nutrition. Did three bottles over three hours. Drank 1/2 a bottle all at once every 30 minutes. That seemed to work pretty well.

Monday 4/4

I did another 2500 meter swim workout that day. Again a great mix of strokes and distances. I felt really strong that day:

Warm Up: 3 x 300 free w/ 10 sec. rest;
Main Set: easy, aerobic – 2 x 100 / 2 x 200 / 1x400 / 2 x 100 all easy free on 10-20 sec. rest
Cool Down: 12 x 50 (3free/2drill/1kick)

I skipped my weights workout since I worked pretty hard already and just rested up.

I'll post my bike workout from today after it is done.

That's all for now.

Tri your best,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment